Thursday, 23 January 2014

OOP-in short

Object Oriented Programming. Well, it would be a lie to say that I found the subject enjoyable. To tell the truth, this is the fourth time learning about it. Classes have been drilled into my memory to the point where I have thought the application to the real world; that is, if life was a computer program. Although, there were still new things that I haven't learned. For example, embedding the docstring into the parameters of the class was unfamiliar to me. 

In the tutorial this week, we did a fairly simple assignment on stacks and on queues. The last question however, was quite puzzling. This is because the solution to the problem no longer renders it a queue. This is because the list never removes the first element, it just shifts to the next element. I thought queues would be similar to line-ups, in which people enter the line at the end but are served at the front. In this situation, the people who get served never leave the line. I found this solution to be misunderstood, because although it behaves like a queue, it isn't actually a queue. 

All in all, I am just waiting for the course to pick up. Hopefully this happens soon because object oriented programming isn't very challenging, which I had hope this course would deliver.

No comments:

Post a Comment