Well out of all the simulations that could've replaced rings in Towers of Hanoi, I don't understand why cheese was picked. Moving cheese around? Not very realistic. Even so it sounds interesting. The Tower of Hanoi is a famous math puzzle designed to help understand recursive solutions better. The last time this was explained to me, I( along with my group) were tasked to solving it using an iterative solution. By doing it recursively, it made things more interesting. Tower of Anne Hoy is almost exactly like Tower of Hanoi except with an extra stool. With this extra stool, solving it will be a bit more challenging.
The lab this week was also interesting. It was unlike other labs because the first few minutes were spent on tracing functions. I guess this was to brush up on our recursive functions but I thought it was too simple. The next parts of the lab were quite up to standard.
Next week we finally do trees. (Yay!) I am looking forward to it because I had trouble with it in the past. I used to think that values to the left are always smaller than the root and values to the right are always larger. I am not quite sure why I was under this impression but because of that, it made it difficult for me to visualize trees and the concept of them
No comments:
Post a Comment